A Focus on PvE with Aesthetics in Mind
We are a PvE server with a strong emphasis on creative, interesting, and intelligent architecture and design. We pride ourselves on our large, detailed, and collaborative projects that draw in new talent and create thriving micro-communities of likeminded players working toward common aesthetics. In your journeys across the PvE map you will come across various towns, villages, and mega projects with unique themes and purposes, crafted by hand and forever expanding. Look around and find a place in which to contribute and call home, or even start a project of your own!
Large, featureless structures such as cobblestone boxes or wooden depots are looked down upon and often removed. If you need help or think your building is not up to par with the server’s standards, our regulars will be around to give you a hand or provide constructive feedback.
We understand that there are monsters and you want to survive the night, but don’t make your first build a huge cobblestone monstrosity. Start out small and work your way up.
While we attempt to keep the game as close to vanilla as possible, we have a few useful modifications to make the multiplayer experience more enjoyable:
- Automated quiz based membership. See spawn for details.
- Disabled fire spread, enderman griefing, and creeper block damage.
- Sign based chest, dispenser, brewing station, and furnace protection. Also disallows redstone/hopper interaction unless granted by the owner.
- Villager based trading of goods. Make secure trades and set up functional shopkeepers in-game.
- Teleportation commands to travel to your home, spawn, and other players with a 5 minute cooldown between each use.
- A browser based map of the server with realtime player locations and block updates.
- Anti-griefing plugins managed by administrators and moderators.
- Anti-cheat plugins to maintain a fair environment.
- A 64x64 plot of land on the creative-only build map for each player.
- Frequent scheduled backups of the PvE, Nether, and Creative worlds.
We have a dedicated mumble server available for those who wish to use voice chat. In game chat conversation is generally polite, mature, and lolspeak free. If you can’t be bothered to talk like an adult and frequently make use of “u, ur, zomg” language, memes, and emoticons, then we will expect you to put just as little effort into your creations.
MC.Godsyn.com is a dedicated, 20-slot Minecraft server hosted in North America that has been around since the dawn of SMP, known for its uptime and mature and active community.